Small Animal Acupressure
You can bring the physical and emotional health benefits of acupressure to your animals. Acupressure-massage is safe, noninvasive, and deceptively gentle, yet powerful. The benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) have been recognized for over 4,000 years. Acupressure has been shown to:
- Build the immune system Strengthen muscles, tendons, joints, and bones
- Balance energy to optimize the body’s natural ability to heal
- Release natural cortisone to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Release endorphins necessary to increase energy or relieve pain
- Enhance mental clarity and calm required for focus in training and performance, and
- Resolve injuries more readily by increasing the blood supply and removing toxins.
Click on link for more information on our Small Animal Practitioner Program
The best way to begin your study of acupressure is by taking the home-study, online courses. The Overview of Traditional Chinese Medicine is the first course because you will learn the basic concepts and theories underlying acupressure. This course will give you the foundation you need to go on to study the application of these theories and much more about the functions of acupressure points, also called “acupoints.”
In addition to the text in the home-study courses, there are videos embedded in the course materials. You will learn hands-on techniques, the flow of the 12 Major Meridians + 2 Extraordinary Vessels, how to locate acupoints, and how to use key acupoints.
Each online study expands your knowledge of acupressure. You will learn how best to support your dog or cat’s health and well-being. After all, doesn’t your animal deserve a long healthy and happy life?
To support your learning process, Tallgrass offers books, manuals, charts, DVDs, Apps to further enhance your learning experience. These learning tools are essential resources for becoming proficient at creating an effective acupressure-massage sessions.